The OBF provides numerous opportunities to learn more about the music. Join in at your own level or connect with one of our affiliated programs:
- Discovery Series lecture-concerts: insightful format where a master teacher (Matthew Halls or Helmuth Rilling) and musicians perform key moments from the day’s music, illustrating the composer’s structure, symbolism, intent, and technique. Students of the Master Class in Conducting then step up to the podium to conduct the work in full.
- Let’s Talk: noontime Q & A with Festival artists
- Inside Line: informative pre-concert lectures
- The annual Hinkle Distinguished Lecture and Seminar
- Road Scholar: week-long sessions coordinated through Academic Extension at the University of Oregon.
- Special events throughout the year
- The Digital Bach website, with in-depth, interactive explorations and videos of Bach’s great works
June / July 2014: