Conducting Master Class
Audition details for 2018 will be available soon
Since 1970, choral and orchestral conductors have attended this program to refine their craft and immerse themselves in the music of Bach and those inspired by his work. Designed for advanced graduate students and professional conductors, the OBF master class gives ample hands on experience and podium time in rehearsals and public concerts. Over 1,000 musicians have studied with us, many of whom can be found leading top orchestral and choral programs across the globe.
- Stellar faculty serve as master teachers.
- Assist conductors in the major OBF concerts. Each conductor will be assigned to assist in the rehearsal process for one of the main programs of the Festival. 2018 Festival repertoire announced in January.
- Focus on both historic and contemporary performance styles. Conduct concerts performed on both modern and historically informed instruments.
- Increased seminars on technique and repertoire. Additional classes have been added to the curriculum on technical issues, rehearsal and score preparation.
- Repertoire for the [re]Discovery Series concerts.
Conducting or Auditing Participants
Those who audition and are selected as conducting participants will receive hands-on coaching and will lead the Festival orchestra, choruses, and soloists in rehearsal and performance. Auditing participants attend all sessions, participate fully in discussions and seminars, and conduct in a special session at the end of the class.
Limited need-based financial aid is available to conductors chosen for the class.