Join us in Eugene at the Oregon Bach Festival July 3 - 7, 2014
Spend four music-filled days in Eugene and come away refreshed, inspired, and ready with new ideas for leading your high school choirs. This unique professional development workshop is held in conjunction with the Stangeland Family Youth Choral Academy, the only program of its kind in the nation. Under the leadership of director Sharon J. Paul, you’ll participate actively in workshops and attend concerts. You’ll also observe rehearsals of the 84 high school singers of the SFYCA — some of the best in the nation — directed by acclaimed conductors Anton Armstrong, and Helmuth Rilling.
Gain These Benefits
- Develop more effective rehearsal techniques.
- Study scores and absorb new techniques to get the most out of performances.
- Reinforce workshop topics as you observe rehearsals with Rilling and Armstrong.
- Develop ways you can take workshop ideas home to your own classrooms.
- Learn about the ways the SFYCA can benefit your students.
- Refresh your craft in a collegial environment.
- Further apply what you’ve learned as you attend OBF concerts.
- Earn one graduate credit from the University of Oregon, if applicable.