Welcome to the Stangeland Family Youth Choral Academy (SFYCA), a summer choral program for high school vocalists who want to become better singers — and have the music experience of their life.
Conductor Anton Armstrong of St. Olaf College leads an amazing and inspiring 14-day program, open by audition nationwide. You'll be with 84 of the best singers in the country, making great friends, learning through seminars and rehearsals, seeing Oregon Bach Festival concerts, meeting top-flight pro musicians, and best of all, performing — including a gala concert at the beautiful Hult Center for the Performing Arts.
- Dates for the 2014 SFYCA are June 30 through July 13.
- Live auditions will take place in Eugene, Medford, Portland, Salem, Tigard and Troutdale, Oregon in early April.
- Interested students may also audition by sending a recording.
- Download the 2014 Audition Excerpt.
- Want to help spread the word? Download the 2014 SFYCA Poster
The SFYCA is generously underwritten by the Stangeland Family Foundation, with additional funding from The Herbert A. Templeton Foundation, Arlene Dayton, Galina Groza, Gary Long, and Sandi and Jerry South.