Organ Institute: Class Components
Throughout the six days of the institute, class members will be fully immersed in organ performance and the music of Bach through the following activities:
- Daily master classes with Paul Jacobs, Director of the Organ Institute, and Matthew Halls, Artistic Director of the Oregon Bach Festival.
- Seminars in various aspects of organ technique and performance.
- Concerts of the festival, including the St. Mark Passion by J.S. Bach and a recital by Paul Jacobs.
- Exploration of Eugene area organs, including the Brombaugh organ at Central Lutheran Church and the Hochhalter organ at First United Methodist Church.
- Tour Portland on a day trip to visit many of the fine instruments there.
- A final recital by the institute participants.