Pappas Report Recommendations
These are the action steps cited in the consultant report funded by the University of Oregon in support of the Oregon Bach Festival's long-range plans.
STEPS FOR FURTHER ANALYSIS AND ACTION
The following steps need to be taken in the following order:
1. Ensure the smooth transition of the incumbent Executive Director to Executive Director Emeritus status. This entails an assessment of the skills and personal attributes required of the new incumbent. Craft a new position description for the search.
2. Conduct an organization study of the Oregon Bach Festival Board.
3. In parallel with this review, work with university advancement to transform the role of the current Board into one that is primarily focused on fundraising, development, advocacy, program review, and design. Redraft the Charter and by-laws to reflect this basic transformation.
4. Engage the University's Office of Resource Management to conduct a business practice and process review and a costing study as stipulated in the previous section of this report.
5. Once the new incumbent Executive Director has assumed office, undertake a strategic planning and marketing study that would be partnered by the Executive Director and the Board.
6. The University must clearly define the reporting relationship for the Executive Director.