OBF announces new workshop for choral teachers
[caption id="attachment_2763" align="alignright" width="161" caption="Workshop participants will observe SFYCA rehearsals first hand."][/caption]In the OBF's new Choral Teachers Workshop, high school choral teachers will have the opportunity to work first hand with national choral leaders and guest artists like Bobby McFerrin.
Under the guidance of workshop director Sharon Paul, teachers will participate actively in seminars and attend concerts. They will also observe rehearsals of the 80-plus high school singers of the SFYCA — some of the best in the nation — directed by acclaimed conductors Anton Armstrong and Helmuth Rilling.
The workshop aims to help teachers:
The Registration Fee is $195 per person and includes all workshop materials and a ticket to the July 5 SFYCA concert with Bobby McFerrin.
For other optional costs as well as more details about the opportunity, please see the SFYCA pages on the OBF website.
The application deadline is May 25th. A print brochure with registration form is available for download.
- Develop more effective rehearsal techniques
- Study scores and absorb new techniques to get the most out of performances
- Reinforce workshop topics as you observe rehearsals with Rilling, Armstrong and Bobby McFerrin
- Develop ways you can take workshop ideas home to your own classrooms
- Learn about the ways the SFYCA can benefit your students
- Refresh your craft in a collegial environment
- Further apply what you’ve learned as you attend OBF concerts