Choral Teachers! Deadline extended
Attention Choral Music Teachers!
We've extended the deadline to June 3 for you to register for a summer experience that will recharge your skills and delight your senses: It's the Choral Teachers Workshop at the Oregon Bach Festival, June 24-27.
During four full days of seminars, rehearsals, classes and concerts, you will...
Your workshop leader Dr. Sharon Paul, guides you through four memorable days that also include tickets to OBF concerts of Guinand's electrifying Schola Cantorum de Venezuela and the majestic Brahms Requiem, conducted by Helmuth Rilling.
The $225 fee includes all seminars and concert tickets; room and board is available for a modest charge per day. It's a work experience and a refreshing music getaway in one!
Photo credits: Helmuth Rilling by Jon Meyers; Sharon Paul by Paul Carter, Register-Guard; Maria Guinand by Soundstreams Canada; Anton Armstrong by Jon Meyers.
- See first hand the techniques of conductor Anton Armstrong to voice and quickly prepare the singers of the Festival's heralded Stangeland Family Youth Choral Academy.
- Participate in the SFYCA BodySinging and Vocal Tech classes, warm-ups, and rehearsals with Armstrong and OBF maestro Helmuth Rilling.
- Be inspired by Maria Guinand, known worldwide as choral advisor to Venezuela’s “El Sistema” music educator program.
- Add to your own toolbox of teaching tips, repertory ideas, and conducting techniques.
- Sing, conduct, and play alongside choral music colleagues.